Monday, March 3, 2014

My little guy is growing up

I installed "big boy" car seats in both vehicles today and put the "bucket" seat in the basement for now until I decide what to do with it.  It's bittersweet to me because this means that in a little under two months, Hank will be a year old.  My "baby making" days are behind me, and as much as I loved being pregnant, it's not worth the risks for me or any potential spawn.  My age, risk of birth defects, the sizes of the babies, and injuries to me outweigh my desire to be pregnant again.  The hubby and I did talk about it, and if by chance I still have the baby itch in a year or so perhaps we could foster/adopt a child.

I've also had to run around the house and start re-baby proofing everything.  Hank is pretty mobile and cruising next to any object that he can pull himself up on and walk around.  He's also managed to get into Nugget's crayons on her art table, the pantry, and the cats food dishes when I've had my back turned for a moment.  There are few things freakier than looking at your 10 month old with rainbow colored teeth.

Other than that, I am getting tired of being cooped up in the house because it's too cold to take Hank out to play with Nugget.  I know she's feeling the same way.  We've been doing lots of dancing to the Spotify playlist I made for her to help beat the boredom and make car rides more fun.  Her favorites are anything Yo Gabba Gabba, Elmo, and Pharrell's "Happy."

1 comment:

  1. Has it been a year already? Ho-ly crap! I'm done with my baby making days as well. During the emergency c-sec, I had them tie my tubes. Because of the eclampsia, they actually took one of my Fallopian tubes. I'm satisfied with two kids. In fact, I probably only have the patience for these two, so it's probably a good thing that I'm finished. lol

    ReplyDelete